Jan 14, 2011

YZ

See what Yuna have to say a little about herself.
=D


1. What is your music background?

I’m Yuna Zarai. I’m a singer songwriter and I have a few people backing me up, Paan -guitar, Adil-drums, Efry-bass. At first I started out playing at local acoustic gigs and later on, I looked for people to be my sessionists.


2. Who are your fans?

Ahaha I don’t know? Those who like dark and also easy listening stuff?


3. Who are your musical influences?

I listen to a lot of Feist, Fiona Apple, The Cardigans, Bjork, Lykke Li… Girls with a lot of stories to tell basically.


4. How do you describe your music to people?

A cross between Mary Poppins and Coldplay.



5. What image do you think your music conveys?

Simple, honest, colourful, I hope.


6. So, if you could recommend one song, what would it be?

“A nervous tic motion of the head to the left” by Andrew Bird


7. Tell us about your performance/experience at Urbanscapes this year.

More people showed up! And I get to perform with my band, compared to last year; I was playing a solo set.


8. After the performance, what did you do? Did you chill out with friends or mingled with your fans?

Mingled with my fans first, then chill out with my friends at a local mamak near home.


9. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and what would you say to them?

Janis Joplin. I wouldn’t say anything to her though. I’d just listen to her sing.


10. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you take with you?

My Macbook, headphones and the adapter. I’m a geek like that.


11. What are your upcoming future plans?

I’m recording my first album right now. We’re just trying to have a lot of fun in this album. I have upbeat catchy songs, and I have dark songs as well. Two very different styles, I think the critics will not like this concept. But I have two sides of me I’d like people to see. And I’m also opening a boutique soon in Subang. I’ve started putting in clothes today. I’m really excited about it. I have labels interested in putting their stuff at my shop for consignment too so I can’t wait for the shop to open.


Maybe this is old,but it is an info for us to share.

Remember!Sharing is caring!

hehehe

=D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Popular Posts

create avatar

©2010-2011 msafiuddinismail.blogspot.com. All Rights Reserved.

Back to TOP